Thousands of animals affected by heavy flooding in Nicaragua need your help!
WSPA has deployed a disaster relief team in the rural communities along the Prinzapolka River in Nicaragua. The team is providing emergency treatment to over 11,000 animals in 15 communities affected by heavy flooding caused by a series of tropical storms. The severe conditions are threatening the survival of vulnerable local communities and the animals they depend upon.
Your much needed support provides for:
- Public Service Announcements on disaster preparedness
- Veterinary teams to treat animals in the Prinzapolka area
- Capacity-building training for community leaders, focusing on:
- Basic veterinary care and record keeping
- Community disaster preparedness
- Provision of veterinary basic kits
- Post-survey on attitudes and knowledge of community leaders
Please note: There is a minimum donation of $5. Click here to donate by mail or phone.